In celebration of our forthcoming album and the launch of our new label, we thought we would have a few friends over for some beer, bowling, and chicken. Sound good? Great.
We are elated to announce an evening at the Brooklyn Bowl to officially kick off Nothing Too Fancy Music, the latest venture from your friends at Umphrey’s McGee. Join us on Sunday, May 4th, following UMBowl V, for an intimate night of unbridled revelry. In the spirit in our previous Bill GrahUM events, we are going all in for a blow-out worthy of a new album on our own label. We’re rocking Blue Ribbon grub, a stellar bar (tab is on us), free bowling and more. How about we set up a bunch of Headphones & Snowcones stations to give you an advance taste of Similar Skin as well? And the night wouldn’t be complete without your input so all ticket holders will have the opportunity to weigh on the set list.
To maintain ample space and intimacy, we are only offering 400 invites to this affair (room capacity is 600). Every ticket purchased will include a copy of the deluxe edition of Similar Skin*, a N2F Music T-shirt, limited edition event pin, and an MP3 download of the show (alongside enough fried chicken to feed an army). Come bowl a perfect game with us.
Nothing Too Fancy Music Launch
Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn, NY
May 4th, 2014
Show Time 9:15
A ticket gets you:
– Two sets curated by the UM faithful
– Grub provided by Blue Ribbon Restaurants
– Bar tab is on us (7:30 pm – 12:00 am)
– Free Bowling
– Similar Skin Deluxe Edition*
– Similar Skin Album Preview via Headphones & Snowcones
– Nothing Too Fancy Music T-Shirt
– Miscellaneous UM/N2F Music Swag
– MP3 Download of the show
– Commemorative Event Ticket
NOTE: Venue reserves the right to refuse service to any overly-intoxicated patrons.
* 32-page hardcover book featuring two 180g LPs, CD, MP3s, extended liner notes, handwritten lyrics, and more + immediate access to the bonus pre-order site (the mother load)
NOTE: Deluxe version will ship to the address of your choosing by street date (no on-site album pick up at the venue). Ticket limit 4 per customer, all deluxes will ship to a single purchaser’s address. Ticket purchaser’s will receive a ballot invite to vote on the evening’s set list in advance. Headphones Preview will be a sampler of multiple album tracks, not the entire record.